Hyderabad Free Blood Donors Terms $ Conditions
|Friends2support is an organisation which functions with the sole aim to promote and spread the awareness among the people to donate blood which is helpful for the poor and needy, support child education.
Friends2Help.org is a directory (just like a telephone directory), which lists names and contact details of all such people in and around Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Warangal, Huzurabad, Karimnagar, Nizamabad & Adilabad suburbs who willingly want to donate blood in case of an emergency – social or individual (defined in the next answer) and makes it available to any seeker at the click of a mouse.
- Friends2Help.org does not claim that potential donors are free from any disease or bodily conditions that prevent them from donating blood at the time when they are contacted for blood donation.
- Friends2Help.org does not guarantee that a potential donor will agree to donate blood whenever called upon to do so. It is entirely at the discretion of the individual whether or not to donate blood.
- Potential donors registering on this site MUST UNDERSTAND that this site is a public directory and all the information on this site is accessible to EVERYONE.
- Friends2Help.org is not a blood bank and is not affiliated to any blood bank.
- Friends2Help.org does not arrange for blood donors. It merely provides relevant information about potential donors to those in need of blood.
- We urge you not to make false registrations/not to register if you do not seriously wish to donate blood. It is a matter of life and death for those in need of blood in an emergency or otherwise
Individual Emergencies: Blood Banks, just like money banks, need deposits to provide withdrawals. When a person in need of blood approaches a blood bank, the blood bank provides it, yet the blood given needs to be replenished and hence requests the seeker to get donors (relatives or friends) for the same, the incentive being subsidization of the cost per unit of blood or release of more units. During such an individual crisis, getting donors is seldom easy. Friends2Help.org comes to the aid of individuals in such a situation.
Social Emergencies: During such emergencies, the demand for blood far exceeds the amount of blood in blood banks. When communications and transit become difficult, Friends2Help.org helps to find donors.
Please note that blood has a shelf life. It is important that there is proper monitoring of the stock of blood. The idea of Friends2Help.org of course is to ensure that nobody suffers due to non-availability of blood. At the same time it would be criminal to have more blood than what is required and then have it go down the drain. Therefore please do not seek blood from Friends2Help.org without doing the following:-
If there is anyone in need of blood :
Friends2Help.org does not sell contact details to any third party or use it in any way for commercial gains. The contact details (e-mail address and phone number) of the voluntary blood donor are made available in an automated way without any discrimination or charge to anybody who seeks donors for a particular blood group in a particular region. Friends2Help.org is a website in the public domain and is accessible to any person with an internet connection. Because of this any person or blood bank who seeks blood can obtain your contact details from the website and contact you. It is not at all compulsory to donate blood when called upon. The donor can turn down any request to donate blood if he does not wish to do so. Friends2Help.org is just a directory of people who “wish” to donate blood free of cost. Hence, it is advisable that you do not register yourself if you “never” plan to donate blood You will not be paid in anyway for donating blood. Your service will be completely voluntary and for a social cause. Donating blood for money or any commercial gain is banned by the law in India from January 1, 1996. (Source: Frontline, Volume 22 - Issue 14, Jul 02 - 15, 2005). Donors are requested to inform the seekers that they are donating voluntarily and no money should be given to any person or agent for the same.
Donors Temporarily Unfit for Donation :
Conditions which make donors permanently unfit for donation
- Jaundice : Unfit for one year after full recovery.
- Malaria : Unfit for one year after full treatment.
- Typhoid : Unfit for one year after full treatment.
- Surgical Operations : for one year after any major operations.
- Transfusion of blood or its products : for one year after receiving the transfusion.
- Immunizations : usually for three weeks after vaccinations.
- Pregnancy : Defer till one year after childbirth.
- Drug ingestion : If on any medications, please inform the medical officer.
- Cough, cold, fever : Please inform medical officer who will decide the period of defferal.
CONDITIONS FOR DONATION OF BLOOD :
- Severe allergic diseases
- Diabetic patients
- Myocardial infarction
- Active Tuberculosis
- Renal diseases
- Venereal (Sexually Transmitted) Diseases
- Two or more vasovagal (fainting) attacks after blood donation
- High risk individuals for HIV
- Known carriers of Hepatitis B virus
(1) General - No person shall donate blood and no blood bank shall draw blood from a person, more than once in three months. The donor shall be in good health, mentally alert and physically fit and shall not be inmates of jail, persons having multiple sex partners and drug-addicts. The donors shall fulfill the following requirements, namely :-
(2) Additional qualifications of a donor -No person shall donate blood, and no blood bank shall draw blood from a donor, in the conditions mentioned in column (1) of the Table given below before the expiry of the period of deferment mentioned in the column (2) of the said Table.
- The donor shall be in the age group of 18 to 55 years.
- The donor shall not be less than 45 kilograms.
- Temperature and Pulse of the donor shall be normal.
- The systolic and diastolic blood pressures are within normal limits without medication.
- Haemoglobin which shall not be less than 12.5 grams.
- The donor shall be free from acute respiratory diseases.
- The donor shall be free from any skin diseases at the site of phlebotomy.
- The donor shall be free from any disease transmissible by blood transfusion, insofar as can be determined by history and examination indicated above.
- The arms and forearms of the donor shall be free from skin punctures or scars indicative of professional blood donors or addiction of self injected narcotics.
(1) PERIOD OF DEFFERMENT
(3) No person shall donate blood and no blood bank shall draw blood from a person, suffering from any of the diseases mentioned below, namely .-
- Abortions 6 months
- History of Blood transfusion 6 months
- Surgery 12 months
- Typhoid 12 months after recovery
- History of Malaria and duly treated 3 months (endemic) 3 years (non endemic area)
- Tattoo 6 months
- Breast feeding 12 months after delivery
- Immunization (Cholera, Typhoid,Diphtheria, Tetanus, Plague,Gammaglobulin) 15 days
- Rabies vaccination 1 year after vaccination
- History of Hepatitis in family or close contact 12 months
- Immunoglobulin 12 months
Any person or a relative/friend of such a person who requires blood urgently and is unable to find donors amongst relatives, friends, acquaintances can seek blood from Friends2help.org. Illegal agents from blood banks are strictly forbidden to access Friends2Help.org for commercial gains. Donating blood for money or any commercial gain is banned by the law in India from January 1, 1998. (Source: Frontline, Volume 22 - Issue 14, Jul 02 - 15, 2005). Donors are requested to inform the seekers that they are donating voluntarily and no money should be given to any person or agent for the same.
- Heart disease
- Abnormal bleeding tendencies
- Unexplained weight loss
- Diabetes-controlled on Insulin
- Hepatitis infection
- Chronic nephritis
- Signs and symptoms, suggestive of AIDS
- Liver disease
- Polycythemia Vera
- Endocrine disorders
Click “Find a Free Blood Donor” in the panel on the left hand side on the homepage (that is, the page you see when you first visit the website). Select the suburb /town name from the drop down list. Select the blood group name from the second drop down list. Click on “Search”. You will be shown a list of donors from your locality of the required blood group.
The service available on this website is free for everyone and is supported by revenue collected from advertisements. Any person willing to sponsor our website or any social work programme of the DNYA Of Kavadiguda, Secunderabad Pearls can contact us by clicking on the “Contact” link on the home page.
Friends2Help.org is an initiative in the public interest by DNYA Of Secunderabad. Friends2Help.org is not associated with or run by any blood bank.